Updated 05 October 2021
PLEASE READ THE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE PLATFORM OR ATTENDING AN EVENT
Who we are
AYDA TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED is a limited company incorporated in England & Wales. Our company number is 13412813 and our registered office at 69-73 Theobald’s Road, London England WC1X 8TA. When we refer to “AYDA”, “we”, “us” or “our” in these Terms, we are referring to AYDA TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED.
We own and operate the AYDA digital platform (the “Platform”) which enables individuals to attend online and hybrid events (the “Events”).
Events are organised by a “Host”. The Host is the company, business, institution, organisation, individual or other entity which is offering the Event. We provide the Platform and make available Events on behalf of the Host.
About these terms (“Terms”)
By using, registering or logging in to use the Platform, or attending an Event, you confirm that you accept these Terms and agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Platform or attend an Event.
Who these Terms apply to
These Terms apply to any individual or business that has been authorised to use our Platform and/or attend an online Event, including administrators, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and other attendees (“Attendees”).
The Host has full control over the running of any Event. This includes the attendee list, when Events are created and run, hours of availability, how they are configured, acceptance of exhibitors and sponsors and what functionality and third-party services are available for use at each Event.
The Host is solely responsible:
- if an Event is cancelled;
- for how an Event is run;
- for ticket and merchandise sales and donation handling;
- for marketing activities related to the Event;
- for promotions and contests offered in connection with the Event;
- for informing Attendees of any relevant policies and practices and securing agreements and consents with its Attendees (e.g. marketing and personal data consents);
- for any content produced or provided;
- for any activities carried out during an Event; and
- for monitoring and managing the conduct of Attendees.
Please contact the Host directly for any of the above matters. It is solely the Host’s responsibility to respond to and resolve any dispute between the Host and any Attendee on these issues. The Host may also block or revoke an Attendee’s access to an Event at any time and in its sole discretion.
You must comply with your obligations as set out in these Terms, as applicable.
- You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Platform or content from any Event unless otherwise agreed with us in advance in writing.
- You shall keep your login link or other access credentials secure for use of the Platform or attendance at an Event and not permit any third party, third party entity (or representative of such entity) to use the account which you create.
- You shall not create a false identity or submit inaccurate, false or misleading information.
- You shall not store or transmit any material during the use of the Platform that is unlawful, dishonest, threatening, defamatory, obscene, discriminatory or is racially offensive.
- You shall not send or transmit any material which infringes any third party intellectual property rights.
- You shall not use any robots, spiders, crawlers or other automated downloading programs, algorithms or devices, or similar manual process, to:
- continuously and automatically search, scrape, extract, deep link or index any content from the Platform; or
- harvest personal information from the Platform.
- You shall not create a false identity or submit inaccurate, false or misleading information.
- You shall not knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You shall not damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise the Platform.
- You shall not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Platform or any related software.
- You must not conduct fraudulent activities.
- You shall not cause third parties to engage in the restricted activities above.
You are permitted to access an Event for the following purposes:
- To share information, with permission from the Host, about you or the institution, group or organisation you represent at the Event and;
- To organise online meetings, presentations, webinars, discussions, interviews or sessions facilitated by the Platform and;
- To promote products, services or creations to the attendees of the Event including Promotional Activities.
You may provide, administer and/or conduct a promotion or contest (“Promotion”) via an Event subject to the following:-
- You must make it clear that the promotion is yours and not endorsed or supported by us, and if applicable, not endorsed or supported by the Host;
- You are solely responsible for all aspects of and expenses relating to the Promotion, including drafting and publishing rules, selecting winners, issuing prizes or vouchers and obtaining all necessary third party and other permissions and consents;
- You agree to comply with all applicable data protection requirements and will make it clear to all participants in any Promotion or other marketing how their data will be used and held;
The following services will be made available to you by us at an Event:
- For all exhibitors set up as external exhibitor by the Host, basic branding services such as personalisation of a 3d model from our standard library of 3d models available at https://ayda.co.uk/standard-3d-models-library/
- Issue of e-vouchers or coupons to event attendees
Additional services such as
- Enhanced branding options at the Event including animated and bespoke 3d models
- Gamified micro-interactions such as instant win games, interactive polls etc.
- Enhanced live streaming or online meeting options
- Premium support
are available from us at an additional cost. Please contact us on email@example.com for further information. If we provide additional services, then Exhibitors’ Additional Terms also apply.
On condition that you comply with your obligations under these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to access the Platform and/or attend Events in accordance with these Terms. We reserve the right, without any liability on our part to you, your employers or any third party, to disable your access to the Platform and/or an Event if you are in breach of these Terms.
As part of an Event, you may submit or make available certain content, information and data, such as posts, announcements, messages, vouchers or other files (“Contributions”). You are responsible for your Contributions, and you assume all risks associated with your Contributions, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, reliability, appropriateness, or any disclosure that makes you or anyone else personally identifiable. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize the use of Contributions as described herein. You may not imply that Contributions are in any way sponsored or endorsed by us.
We are not responsible or liable to you or any third-party for the content or accuracy of any Contributions. We may reject or remove Contributions (such as Contributions that violate these Terms or applicable law), but we have no obligation to do so.
Whilst we have taken reasonable security measures, we recommend that you regularly back up any Contributions or other content you provide or upload in relation to an Event.
If you believe a Contribution infringes your intellectual property rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data in Contributions
As between AYDA and the Host, the Host is the data controller of any of your personal data embedded in any Event content or Contributions. We are the data processor of such personal data and we only handle or process this data as instructed by a Host. You can find more information about how we process your data at https://ayda.co.uk/privacy-policy/.
We strongly encourage you to review the privacy notices and policies of the Host and other participants in the Event as applicable.
If an Event you are attending is a ticketed and/or paid for Event, all payment processing and ticketing is managed by the Host. Please contact the Host for any further details or support.
Third Party Websites and Services
An Event may contain links or referrals to third party and other independent websites and services which are not provided by us or the Host. Such websites and services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use them, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
Breach of these Terms
When we consider that a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Platform and/or attend an Event.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Commencement of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of these Terms.
- Disclosure of such information to HMRC or law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Rights in the Platform and Contributions
We own or validly license all intellectual property rights in the Platform and any additional services we provide. Except to the extent set out in these Terms, or otherwise agreed in writing with you, you are not permitted to use such intellectual property rights.
You, or your employer where applicable, are the owner of any content or Contributions you upload to the Platform. You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, license to the content and Contributions to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform and display such Contributions on the Platform or as otherwise required for us to provide our services.
Availability of the Platform
We will use commercially reasonable endeavours to make the Platform available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except for planned or unplanned maintenance.
You are solely responsible for procuring and maintaining your network connections and telecommunications links from your systems to the Platform and we are not liable for any delays, delivery failures and any other loss or damage arising from or relating to your network connections or telecommunications links or caused by the internet.
Disclaimer and Liability
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other loss which cannot be excluded by law.
Otherwise, your use of the Platform and/or attendance at Events is entirely at your own risk and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not have any liability in relation to any loss, claim or damage arising from or related to the use of the Platform and/or attendance at Events.
The services made available on the Platform are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and to the extent permitted by law, without warranties of any kind. In particular, we make no warranty that such services will meet your requirements or expectations or that it will be error free.
If we choose to waive any particular right which we have under these Terms on any particular occasion this does not prevent us from exercising that right on another occasion.
If any part of these Terms is held by a court of law (or similar forum) to be invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
If there are any disputes or otherwise, relating to the terms of this acceptable use policy, then these will be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.